Since I was a little girl I've been making dens....and don't think I'll ever stop..........



Wednesday 17 March 2010

My Week in Pictures.

This is how the kitchen table should be, nice and empty and ready for use........but this is how it's been since Monday!!
I decided that my little study is much too small to work in and so transferred downstairs to our nice spacious old school kitchen table..........I started bit by bit on Monday morning, first it was just the lap top......my cutting board and knife and a few papers......
...On Tuesday I brought down pens and ink bottles and a small old portable typewriter.......maps and bits of fabric and embroidery silks........
........the sewing machine...........poetry books by Auden and C. Day Lewis...............ad infinitum
It's been a great week.....stitching old maps and text, typing poems and remembering the sound of dads old Adler clicking away from behind his 'office' door at home....drinking filter coffee and listening to Alela Diane and Regina Spektor...and wondering how to post music videos on here ....I've tons saved up for when I work out how to do it........
Each day the plan has been to tidy up before 'A' arrived home from work and have fresh biscuits cooling on a baking rack on the table. I get so involved with the work the time flies and it just seems to be such a waste of time to carry everything upstairs to have to bring it all back down again the next day............
I get so involved that I could go all day without food as long as there's plenty of filter coffee. So it was a good thing that.......A lovely surprise broke the work thread on Tuesday lunchtime when the postman delivered me a graze box.......full of healthy energy giving fruit and nuts but with a tasty twist.........I picked up the box expecting it to be a book or CD from Amazon addressed to some other member of the family but no it was for me. A cool treat that 'H' had conjured up......how sweet.......I think it's a great gift idea......... you can check out the contents on my foodie blog http://www.cookingupastorminateacup.blogspot.com/


You may or may not be wondering what has inspired this hive of bee-like activity? Partly to replace all the gift cards that we sold on Saturday and partly because the weather although cold is amazingly sunny and the birds keep chirping and I want to make something new and springlike.......also cos I was asked again to put some stuff for sale on the blog......the plan is to sort out paypal and maybe etsy and all those other necessary things.....but this is just the seed.....better go and get watering it.......
watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. Your kitchen table made me laugh! I had a similar issue with my dinning table and used to place stuff into big storage boxes to clear the table for the evening meal. Children have grown up and I have annexed the table permanently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorna, that's a great idea about the boxes, I'll try that next week....it's good to know that someone else understands my dilema....I wonder if you too sometimes start work early in the morning and then realise at 3pm that you're still wearing your PJ's?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the days that the postman rings for you to sign for a parcel! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....cringe.......that conjurs up a flashback of Cherie Blair with bad bed hair and unflattering nightie opening the door to a flash of camera lights........

    ReplyDelete