Since I was a little girl I've been making dens....and don't think I'll ever stop..........



Tuesday 3 August 2010

Ellen Heck






I've just discovered the lovely work of American artist Ellen Heck. They remind me very much of the prints of Impressionist Artist, Mary Cassatt who I've been intending to write about for some time now. I have a beautiful catalogue from an exhibition of her prints at the National Portrait Gallery from a couple of years ago. Heck works with similar subtle colours to those that Cassatt favoured. Both have used simple figure drawings to depict intimate domestic scenes. There is also a similarity in the introduction of pattern in the textiles of both artists work. I can't help but be reminded of Japanese wood cut work in both their cases.

You can see more of Heck's work on her blog www.ellenheck.blogspot.com and website www.ellenheck.com

No comments:

Post a Comment