Since I was a little girl I've been making dens....and don't think I'll ever stop..........



Sunday 8 November 2009

The Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archeology



The Ashmolean re-opened on Saturday after a 61 million pound renovation. It was an amazing building before, but now it's awesome......they have kept the bones of the classical building that was built in 1845, but created two extra floors. The juxtaposition of classical and contemporary architecture with lots of glass walls, works so well......making a really cool building

Going back reminded me, why I spent so many hours there whilst at Uni.....so much inspiration. I've always spent lots of time looking at the Islamic textiles and pottery. I spotted some that looked like a small unglazed teapot with very simple perforated decoration, that I almost bought at Oxford Antique Market a couple of weeks ago; but couldn't get at the price I wanted. Maybe I should have splashed out, it may have been a valuable relic!

No comments:

Post a Comment