Since I was a little girl I've been making dens....and don't think I'll ever stop..........



Thursday 5 November 2009

....magic lantern slides...............

It was Oxford Antiques and Farmers Market again today.....I didn't think I'd find anything interesting, except for a new stall selling yummy samosas. I'm always drawn to the stall with old cameras and binoculars and magic lantern slides, but usually out-priced as the slides are sold in boxes and can't be split up because they tell a story, or illustrate a lecture. But my luck was in today. I found some lovely old 1910 colour slides that were being sold separately for a pound each, and so bought five.......it seems that five pounds is my limit for buying stuff that has no real value, but may one day prove useful...............I just like them anyway.....and maybe one day I'll get the magic lantern too......

No comments:

Post a Comment