Since I was a little girl I've been making dens....and don't think I'll ever stop..........



Wednesday 16 December 2009

typewriters





I don't consider myself to be a collector. But if having three of anything that has no real relevant use today constitutes a collection, them I am one. I have three typewriters that I've acquired over the years. One was rescued from impending destruction. It's the oldest, is large and black with high keys that make a lovely clicking sound. I can just visualize the triplets in Belleville Rendez-Vous making music with it.
Another I bought from a carboot sale for a couple of pounds about three years ago. It's a small portable eighties one. The third a heavy grey Adler typewriter has the most sentimental value for me, as it was my fathers. The sound of it brings back many memories.


No wonder my chosen font for this blog is courier!



No comments:

Post a Comment